ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Saúl renews his contract with Atlético Madrid until 2021
The academy graduate has extended his contract by one year in the wake of reported interest from Manchester United.Roma vs Atlético Madrid live online coverage
Saúl Ñíguez will continue at Atlético de Madrid until June 2021 after adding an extra year onto his existing contract with the Rojiblancos, the club confirmed this afternoon.The midfielder was under contract with the Rojiblancos until 2020 but interest from other clubs, including Manchester United and Barcelona, forced the board to revise the player's previous arrangement just one year after his last contract renewal.
In an official statement from the club, Saúl said: "I'm delighted to be able to continue defending the Atlético shirt". The club did not however, disclose the buy-out fee, which is also believed to have been modified. Several months ago, Football Leaks revealed that the previous buy-out clause was set at 45 million euros, as well as detailed how 40% of the player's economic rights belong to a limited company registered in Dublin.
Saúl joined Atlético de Madrid directly from Real Madrid's youth academy in 2007. From Atleti's lower categories, he spent a season on loan at Rayo Vallecano, returning to the Calderón last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA