LIVERPOOL 1 - 3 SEVILLA
Sevilla win Europa League, will earn 21.5 million euros minimum
Beating Liverpool in the final of Europa League will have a healthy impact on Sevilla's bank balance, with the club earning money from the UEFA Super Cup and the Champions League
Sevilla beat Liverpool 3-1 in the Europa League final in Basel on Wednesday 18 May, and the victory over Klopp’s side meant more than just another European title and making history (their third Europa League in a row and fifth in total), it means a lot of cold, hard cash for the club.
A lot of money coming Sevilla's way
First up, the prize money for winning the Europa League final. That’s a decent 6.5 million euros.
And winning the Europa league means playing the UEFA Super Cup, where Sevilla will meet Real Madrid or Atlético Madrid, with the two Madrid clubs playing the final of the Champions League on May 28. Taking part in the European Super Cup is rewarded with 3 million euros.
But the biggest cash prize for tonight’s efforts come from the automatic group place in next year's Champions League that goes along with the Europa League title. Even if Sevilla were to lose all their games they would rake in 12 million euros for the six games they’ll play in the group stages. For every win the prize pot would be greater, and if they can qualify for the knock-out stages of Europe’s premier club competition, they could be looking at a lot, lot more.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?