Ronaldo misses Real training due to muscle fatigue
The Portuguese suffered a minor muscle tear a few weeks ago and had a planned rest on Friday during which he did recovery work with physios.
Cristiano Ronaldo sat out Real Madrid training on Friday as part of a planned rest to ensure he is fully fit for the Champions League final against Atlético next Saturday. The forward remained in the gymnasium working with the club physios while his teammates were out on the Valdebebas turf. The gruelling season Real have had to this point has led Zinedine Zidane to take precautions with his star player, who suffered a small muscle tear a few weeks ago and missed three games as a result. The club has adopted a zero-risk policy with Ronaldo ahead of the most important game of the season. Ronaldo is expected to return to the squad for Saturday’s training session along with his teammates.
James Rodríguez: The Colombia international also remained in the gym for a second consecutive day as he continues his recovery from a muscle strain. Zidane hopes to have the midfielder at full fitness for the final. If James fails to recover in time, the Frenchman will be able to call on Lucas Vázquez, who has rejoined the squad in full training after recovering from a knee problem.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What will be included on President Biden's executive order on the risk of cryptocurrencies?
- Cryptocurrency How much has Bitcoin devalued since its all-time high?
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs unveils a new historic rivalry
- NFL Bengals vs Chiefs, 49ers vs Rams: AFC, NFC Championship Game previews
- NFL NFL Power Rankings: Chiefs, Rams and Niners
- NFL Kelce key to Kansas City's playoff success