Emery's farewell? Everton eye move for Sevilla boss
Reports in England suggest Everton are leading the queue to acquire the services of highly rated Sevilla boss after ditching Roberto Martínez.
Unai Emery may have overseen his final match in charge of Sevilla after Sunday night’s Copa del Rey final loss against Barcelona. Everton are seeking a new coach for next season after dispensing with the services of Roberto Martínez and have cast their gaze towards the Spanish top flight. According to UK tabloid Daily Express, the Goodison Park board plan to meet with Emery in the coming days in a bid to lure the highly rated coach to the Premier League.
If Everton’s advances are welcomed by Emery, he will wind up on the bench of Everton’s arch-rivals Liverpool, the side Sevilla outfoxed to claim their third straight Europa League title last week.
Everton are also considering other options; outgoing Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini, Southampton manager Ronald Koeman and former Ajax coach Frank de Boer are among the main candidates for the vacant hot seat at Goodison.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card