As the national sides around Europe put in their final preparations for the showpiece tournament that kicks off in just a few days, the last of the players to make up their numbers are returning from their post-Champions League 'bonus' breaks.
Talisman Cristiano Ronaldo teamed up with the Portugal squad in Oeiras, just outside Lisbon, arriving in a car driven by a friend but did not make any statements to the press. Pepe arrived shortly afterwards. Four days before Portugal's scheduled arrival in France, they were both expected to take part in Sunday's training with Fernando Santos' squad.
Ronaldo missed his country's 1-0 friendly defeat to England at Wembley on Thursday because he was given this extra time to recover from a long season culminating in the Champions League final where his Real Madrid side beat neighbours Atlético. Although many feel he looked somewhat off the boil, possibly due to tiredness after a long campaign, it was his penalty that was decisive in the shoot-out.
As part of his extended break he was photographed aboard a yacht off the Spanish Balearic island of Ibiza and Portugal fans will be hoping that he has returned fully refreshed and raring to go. He should play at least some of the game against Estonia in a final friendly on June 8, two days before Euro 2016 starts.
Portugal will face Iceland in Saint-Etienne in their Group F opener on June 14 with Austria and Hungary to follow in the group.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Robert Lewandowski's priority is Real Madrid
- QATAR 2022 What cities and stadiums will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup?
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Pogba: 'We deserved to lose and need to find the problem'
- BARCELONA Dani Alves opens door for sensational Barcelona return
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS