Primera new boys Leganés unveil scratch n' sniff shirt
The club crest on the Madrid-based side's strip for 2016-17 releases the smell of freshly cut grass. "Now we're in Primera, we're going to taste it."
Promoted CD Leganés have unveiled their strip for 2016-17, which in line with the club’s quirky spirit has a little feature as yet unheard of in the Spanish divisions: the blue and white shirt will feature a club crest that smells and tastes of freshly cut grass.
“The shirt that tastes of glory; now we’re in Primera, we want to taste it,” is the slogan Leganés and kit provider Joma are using to promote the strip. “And when we say it tastes of glory, we mean it literally. On the club crest we have applied active ingredients that when rubbed release a very special smell and taste.”
The shirt was unveiled in a supermarket next to a stall full of cucumbers, the municipality’s most famous export that lends the side its nickname, the Cucumber Growers (Pepineros).
On the reverse of the shirt, across the back of the collar, is the legend: “Sentimiento pepinero.”
Leganés are still searching for a sponsor for the first team strip for the upcoming season.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale to Tottenham: sign Modric from Real Madrid too, Redknapp tells Spurs
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: update on US coronavirus relief bill
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez wanted Bale, Zidane didn't
- QATAR 2022 Lusail to be transformed into a community space after Qatar 2022
- BARCELONA Koeman: "Suárez will have a role to play if he stays at Barcelona"