Iniesta: "I was going to take it, but Ramos seemed confident..."
Andrés Iniesta reveals that he wanted to take the penalty that captain Sergio Ramos ended up missing in Spain's 2-1 loss to Croatia
The difficult side of the draw: “In theory, we’ve got harder teams in front of us now, but you never know what can happen. Football’s like that sometimes and you have to be prepared for everything. We’re on the more difficult side of the draw, but we’re Spain and we’ll go on with every confidence.”
"We lacked concentration"
The loss: “Every game is different, you try to look for the best option and sometimes it turns out well and others not. We lacked a bit of concentration at times and in the end our mistake gave them a goal. We were looking for the winner and they caught us out. It shouldn’t have happened, but it did. We had the penalty and other chances, but if you don’t take them, you complicate things for yourself.”
"I was going to take the penalty..."
The penalty: “I was going to take it, but Ramos seemed confident. Sometimes you miss, but we’ve confidence in whoever takes it. It was unfortunate. When you lose like this it’s not a great moment but we go forward. We’ll prepare for Italy now and the objective remains to go as far as possible.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times