"Real Madrid will sell Morata to sign Pogba" - Calzada
The ex-Barcelona director Esteve Calzada tells Sky Sports that Real Madrid will need to make a "big sale" this summer in order to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations
Esteve Calzada, ex-commercial and marketing director of Barcelona, explained to Sky Sports on Tuesday that Real Madrid will have no option but sell Álvaro Morata this summer to finance the possible transfer of Paul Pogba.
“My bet is that Real Madrid will sell Morata. And he would only go to the Premier League for a move of no less than €60 million,” said Calzada about the striker, who's only just resigned for Real from Juventus for a sum of €30m.
Financial Fair play
“It’s only my opinion, but I think there’ll be an exit from Madrid because they’ll finally make a move for Pogba this summer, and if they do, they’ll need to be careful with Financial Fair Play. They’ll have to sell a big player to sign a big player.”
“He’s big, fast and strong, which suits the English style of play. He’d do very well in England. He’s the same style as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but much younger,” said Calzada of Morata’s qualities. The Spaniard scored three goals and made a good impression at the Euro 2016, despite Spain’s early exit at the hands of Italy.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston