Oscar Pistorius sentenced to six years in prison for murder
The South African was sentenced to six years in jail for murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp three years ago, in a court in Pretoria.
'The sentence that I impose on the accused... is six years imprisonment,'
South African Paralympic gold medallist Oscar Pistorius was taken to jail immediately on Wednesday after being sentenced to serve six years for the 2013 murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
The state had called for him to receive no less than the prescribed minimum 15-year sentence for murder. "Public opinion may be loud and persistent, but it can play no role in the decision of this court," High Court judge Thokozile Masipa said in her ruling.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks for Roma full-back Spinazzola
- NBA Hornets' LaMelo Ball named NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA playoffs 2021 "Underdog mentality" key to another Hawks stunner
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul George carries Clippers to critical victory over Jazz
- TENNIS Nadal withdraws from Wimbledon and Olympics
- US NEWS How does the bipartisan infrastructure bill compare to Biden's American Jobs Plan?