Ronaldo injured and out of Euro 2016 final after 23 minutes
The Portugal striker twisted his knee in a clumsy challenge from Payet. He tried to carry on but eventually came off in tears. He later came back out before extra-time.
Portugal striker Cristiano was forced out of the Euro 2016 final with a knee injury. The Real Madrid forward twisted his knee in a clumsy challenge from French midfielder Payet in the 8th minute. He left the field for treatment at that point but managed to come back on.
Treatment and tears for Ronaldo
Ronaldo carried on until the 17th minute but was clearly struggling. At that point he sat down on the turf in tears, but under encouragement from his bench he hobbled to the sidelines and received more treatment, with a large bandage being applied to the joint. He then struggled back on.
But it wasn't to be. In the 23rd minute Ronaldo sat down and indicated he could play no further part. In tears he handed gave Nani the captain's armband and was stretchered from the pitch and down the tunnel.
Ronaldo reappears before extra-time
Cristiano came back out of the tunnel just before extra-time, with his knee strapped up. He was walking unaided, somewhat gingerly. He headed over to his team-mates to give them a pep talk before the start of extra-time, with the regulation 90 having produced no goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim