Gianni Infantino investigated for violating FIFA's code of ethics
According to the BBC, the president of the organisation will be interrogated by FIFA's Ethics Committee as early as Friday morning
The president of FIFA, Gianni Infantino, is being investigated for violating the organisation’s code of ethics, according to Richard Conway, a special reporter at the BBC.
Infantino will be interrogated by FIFA’s Ethics Committee, possibly as early as Friday morning, the BBC has reported.
Accusations “absurd and without basis”
Sources close to Infantino told the BBC that the accusations are “absurd and without basis”. Infantino was elected to replace Sepp Blatter – accused of corruption – back in February.
Exclusive: Fifa president Gianni Infantino to be interviewed by ethics investigators, possibly tmrw. Will argue claims "absurd" + "baseless"— Richard Conway (@richard_conway) 14 de julio de 2016
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup