Gianni Infantino investigated for violating FIFA's code of ethics
According to the BBC, the president of the organisation will be interrogated by FIFA's Ethics Committee as early as Friday morning
The president of FIFA, Gianni Infantino, is being investigated for violating the organisation’s code of ethics, according to Richard Conway, a special reporter at the BBC.
Infantino will be interrogated by FIFA’s Ethics Committee, possibly as early as Friday morning, the BBC has reported.
Accusations “absurd and without basis”
Sources close to Infantino told the BBC that the accusations are “absurd and without basis”. Infantino was elected to replace Sepp Blatter – accused of corruption – back in February.
Exclusive: Fifa president Gianni Infantino to be interviewed by ethics investigators, possibly tmrw. Will argue claims "absurd" + "baseless"— Richard Conway (@richard_conway) 14 de julio de 2016
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?