Zidane is against loaning Asensio out for another season
Despite not being assigned a squad number Marco Asensio will not be loaned out and will remain as part of Zinedine Zidane's squad this season.
Marco Asensio will stay at Real Madrid this season. Zidane has asked the club not to listen to any offers which come in requesting to loan the winger because he feels that he is sufficiently prepared to be a fully-fledged member of the first team squad. However, the transfer window will remain open for the next six weeks and Madrid still have not made a definitive decision; they would prefer Asensio to win his place in the pre-season and for that reason they have not assigned him a squad number - yet.
A lot of clubs, in Spain and abroad, are keen to take Asensio on loan after watching him impress last season with Espanyol and after making his senior debut with Spain. Madrid want him to stay and have instigated talks with a view of offering an improved contract as well as a two-year extension (taking his current contract from 2020 to 2022). The player is speanding the final days of his holidays with his friends in Mallorca. He has made the most of his time off to disconnect from football but keep himself in shape by playing tennis - one of his big passions. His intention is to convince Zidane that he can be a key member of the squad and the team - and finally make his Bernabéu debut...
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online