Leroy Sané's father says that Real Madrid still have an opportunity
The transfer of Sané to Manchester City seemed closed but the player's father has opened the door to Florentino Pérez if the club want to get in on a €50 million offer.
The Schalke player impressed Real Madrid onlookers in the second round of the 2014/15 Champions League when he scored and starred for the German side causing quite a few problems for Los Blancos. Since that day, he's remained in their thoughts.
The German 20-year old seemed to be very close to joining Pep Guardiola at Manchester City, but his father - himself a former international striker - Souleyman Sané, told the German outlet Sky Deutschland that, "the deal is not closed to anyone and both Madrid and Bayern still have opportunities." Schalke have already accepted their fate regarding the player with their sporting director saying, that he would "like to leave this summer, we must accept it."
Another option for Zidane
The fee being discussed is close to 50 million euros and City remain favourites especially with Bayern coach, Ancelotti stating that the German juggernaut would not be looking to sign the youngster. Real Madrid are yet to make a firm offer but with other potential signings disappearing to other clubs or staying put, this may be one that they look to disrupt.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands