TURKEY | SUPER LIG
Mario Gómez calls time on Besiktas stint for “politics”
The Turkish Super Lig’s top goal scorer last season says he is moving on “from this great club” purely for the political situation in the country.
German striker Mario Gómez, the top scorer in Turkey's Süper Lig last season, said on Wednesday that he would be leaving Istanbul-based Beşiktaş after just one season due to the political situation in the countrty in the wake of the failed military coup.
“I will not be playing for this great club... anymore. The reason for this is completely down to the political situation!” he said in a statement on his Facebook page. “It is purely down to the terrible events that happened in the last few days”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente