Fernando Amorebieta to join Sporting de Gijón
Pending confirmation from the Asturian club, , el jugador de 31 años deja el Fulham y regresa a La Liga para jugar las próximas tres temporadas a las órdenes de AbelardoEngland vs Spain
Amorebieta expected to complete Sporting move
Fernando Amorebieta is set to sign for Sporting de Gijón - pending the official word from the Asturian club which is expected within the next few hours. Alavés and Sporting have spent the summer tussling to sign the 31-year-old, in the end it was Abelardo who got his man, for a reported 300,000 euro fee.
Sporting have been on the lookout for a central defender after losing Bernardo Espinosa to Middlesbrough and Luis Hernández to Leicester, and Abelardo's preferred choice was the former Atlhetic Club defender, who joined Fulham in 2013. Amorebieta didn't manage to lock down a regular place at Craven Cottage and spent the last two seasons on loan at Middlesbrough. Once the transfer is made official, the player will join up with the Sporting squad for their summer stage in Portugal.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth