Man United share squad numbers with Pogba number vacant
The French player, who is close to signing a deal with the English club, will be able to maintain his number 6 shirt as this has so far not been assigned to anyone.
Manchester United have released their provisional 2016/17 squad numbers and, although it was believed that they would delay doing this until they completed the signing of Paul Pogba, they have left the number 6 shirt unassigned.
At Juventus, the midfielder wore that number and with all reports - other than some recent comments from the player's agent - indicating that a transfer fee and personal finances are all but agreed, it would seem that an updated list will likely follow in due course.
Plenty of new names and numbers on our 2016/17 squad list! pic.twitter.com/rwbvWGMYcJ— Manchester United (@ManUtd) 21 July 2016
Another number that has been left vacant is number 2 with a fresh defender expected to join Mourinho's new recruits ahead of the new season. In other number news, self-proclaimed "future god in Manchester", Ibrahimovic, takes the no.9 with its previous owner, Martial, instead wearing no.11. Henrikh Mkhitaryan, will be 22, a number he used back in the Ukraine and young star Marcus Rashford has changed his 39 for a much more fitting 19.
Although much speculation surrounds the future of Juan Mata, the Spaniard has kept the number 8 shirt...provisionally.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries