Napoli agree deal for Ajax and Poland star Arkadiusz Milik
De Telegraaf reports that Napoli have moved quickly to replace Gonzalo Higuaín and have agreed a €35m fee with Ajax to sign the 22-year-old.
Napoli have moved quickly to cover for the departure of Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus for a Serie A record 90 million euros. According to Dutch daily De Telegraaf, the Calcio runners-up have reached a deal with Ajax for the transfer of Arkadiusz Milik, who will sign a five-year deal for a fee of 35 million euros.
Dutch record fee
The fee will also be a club record for the Eredivisie giants, whose previous biggest transfer was that of Wesley Sneijder to Real Madrid for 27 million euros in 2007.
Last season Milik hit 24 goals and provided 12 assists in 42 games for Ajax. He joined the Dutch side from Bayer Leverkusen on a permanent transfer last summer for 2.8 million euros after spending the 2014-15 season on loan at the Amsterdam Arena.
Milik was one of the stand-out young players at the European Championship, playing every match for Poland as they advanced to the last eight, scoring one goal and providing one assist.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2