Franck Ribery has spoken out about Pep Guardiola’s time at Bayern Munich, making clear that he doesn’t hold the three years in which the Catalan coach was at the Allianz Arena very dearly.
"Lack of experience"
The French midfielder didn’t mince his words over the now Manchester City manager’s time in charge. “Guardiola is a young coach with a lack of experience,” said Ribery.
The Bayern number seven also attacked Guardiola’s methods as well as the philosophy he brought to the side. “Sometimes he talked too much…football is very simple.”
Ribery particularly highlighted the Champions League semi-final defeat to Atlético Madrid, when Bayern failed to reach the final for the third consecutive year (after previously falling to Real Madrid and Barcelona).
“You can’t commit errors in the semi-final of the Champions League. Thomas Müller didn’t play from the start and Jerome Boetang, having recovered from the injury he suffered, also wasn’t picked and had to watch the game from the stands,” he criticised.
"I feel confident again under Ancelotti"
Ribey’s comments come just days after he told ´Kicker’: “I feel confident again under Ancelotti.
“I need people like him, Jupp Heynckes and Ottmar Hitzfeld,” he said, highlighting that he felt “liberated and completely motivated” after Guardiola’s departure.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?