Real Madrid eyeing move for Italy under-19 striker Favilli
The 19-year-old striker spent last season on loan at Juve and according to La Gazzetta is wanted to beef up Castilla's attack after Mayoral and Mariano exit.
Andrea Favilli spent last season on loan at Juventus and has now returned to his parent club Livorno after hitting 21 goals for Juve in the Primavera youth division while also making his first team debut, replacing Álvaro Morata in the final minute of a 2-0 win over Frosinone in Serie A.
Inter, AC Milan interest
Favilli’s performances for Italy in the European under-19 Championship this summer, where he scored twice as Italy reached the final, have attracted interest from Inter, AC Milan and, according to La Gazzetta, Real Madrid, who want Favilli to lead the line for Castilla next season with a view to an eventual first team role.
Castilla striker shortage
Juventus have an option to buy Favilli for 1.7 million euros but have yet to exercise it. If he was snapped up by the Serie A champions it would be with a view to sending the 19-year-old on loan to Serie B, but Livorno will likely offer more first team opportunities. Real could sneak in with an offer of their own to lure him to Castilla, who are in need of striker reinforcements after Mariano’s promotion and Borja Mayoral’s loan to Wolfsburg.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?