Super Cup squad: Benzema and Mariano in, Kroos and Bale out
Zinedine Zidane also picks his son Luca as third goalkeeper following the injury to Keylor Navas as Real Madrid travel to Trondheim to face Sevilla in the Super Cup on Tuesday
The inclusion of Luca Zidane and Mariano, along with the absence of Bale and Kroos, was the major piece of team news as Real Madrid released their 20-man squad list on Monday morning for the European Super Cup tie against Sevilla (Tuesday, 20.45 CET).
The non-selection of Bale and Kroos comes as no surprise considering both have completed only two training sessions since their return from summer holidays.
Meanwhile, Zinedine Zidane has picked his son, Luca, as third goalkeeper after the injury to Keylor Navas. The other most noteworthy inclusion is Mariano Diaz. The Dominican striker has had a great preseason with the first team and will travel with the squad to Norway thanks to the space freed up by the missing Cristiano Ronaldo and Bale.
Benzema, who was a doubt, is also included.
Real Madrid squad to face Sevilla in Trondheim:
Goalkeepers: Casilla, Yáñez. Luca Zidane
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Danilo, Marcelo.
Midfielders: James, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Isco, Asensio, Marcos Llorente.
Forwards: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Morata, Mariano.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history