Depor's Lucas Pérez holding out for phone call from Barça?
The Depor striker's agent has confirmed that his client is stalling on a new contract at Riazor. "What happens if Barça call two days later?"
While Barça are searching for a fourth forward to complement Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar, nerves are on edge at Riazor over Lucas Pérez, last season’s top scorer for Depor with 17 Liga strikes.
"What happens if Barça pay the clause?"
Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernández said after the Trofeo Gamper match against Sampdoria on Wednesday that “a striker will arrive before the league starts.” Now, Pérez’s agent has suggested that his client may well be that man. In quotes given to La Voz de Galicia, Rodrigo Fernández said that Pérez won’t be signing a new contract at Depor until the window closes. “And what happens if two days after signing, something happens and someone pays his clause, let’s say for example, Barcelona? I think it would give off a very bad image. For that reason, it’s best if we don’t renew anything until the window closes. There’ll be time later on.”
Pérez was left out of the side for the Teresa Herrera Trophy game against Villarreal, for “technical reasons.” However, Fernández admitted “it is impossible to be focused when there is so much hoo-ha and every day [Pérez] is being linked with a move somewhere else.”
20 million release clause
Pérez’s minimum release clause stands at 20 million euros, a fee that Barcelona will consider within their reach even given the club’s delicate financial situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan