Depor's Lucas Pérez holding out for phone call from Barça?
The Depor striker's agent has confirmed that his client is stalling on a new contract at Riazor. "What happens if Barça call two days later?"
While Barça are searching for a fourth forward to complement Leo Messi, Luis Suárez and Neymar, nerves are on edge at Riazor over Lucas Pérez, last season’s top scorer for Depor with 17 Liga strikes.
"What happens if Barça pay the clause?"
Barcelona’s sporting director Robert Fernández said after the Trofeo Gamper match against Sampdoria on Wednesday that “a striker will arrive before the league starts.” Now, Pérez’s agent has suggested that his client may well be that man. In quotes given to La Voz de Galicia, Rodrigo Fernández said that Pérez won’t be signing a new contract at Depor until the window closes. “And what happens if two days after signing, something happens and someone pays his clause, let’s say for example, Barcelona? I think it would give off a very bad image. For that reason, it’s best if we don’t renew anything until the window closes. There’ll be time later on.”
Pérez was left out of the side for the Teresa Herrera Trophy game against Villarreal, for “technical reasons.” However, Fernández admitted “it is impossible to be focused when there is so much hoo-ha and every day [Pérez] is being linked with a move somewhere else.”
20 million release clause
Pérez’s minimum release clause stands at 20 million euros, a fee that Barcelona will consider within their reach even given the club’s delicate financial situation.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August