Milan to turn to Real's Kovacic if Bentancur bid fails
According to SportMediaset, the Serie A club have set a deadline of 48 hours for the Argentinean midfielder. Kovacic is plan B.
AC Milan are running out of patience in their bid to sign Rodrigo Bentancur from Boca Juniors, with a 15 million euro offer on the table for the 19-year-old midfielder. The Serie A club has set a deadline of 48 hours for the Argentinean midfielder to make a decision and if their pursuit of Bentancur comes to nothing Milan will turn their attention to Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic, SportMediaset has reported.
Kovacic has been on the radar of Milan CEO Adriano Galliani all summer and incoming Rossoneri boss Vincenzo Montella, who needs to beef up his midfield ahead of the new season, has expressed his willingness to bring Kovacic back to Serie A.
Juventus are also in the chase for Bentancur with the Serie A champions holding a purchase agreement with Boca for the midfielder stemming from the transfer of Carlos Tévez to La Bombonera last summer.
Milan want to take Kovacic on loan initially and with the surplus of midfielders at Zinedine Zidane’s disposal Real may look favourably on the deal.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers