Dujardin wins but licensers tell Kittel they ain’t gonna stand for it
Charlotte Dujardin won her third Olympic gold medal when she retained her dressage individual gold on Monday, fighting off a two-pronged German challenge.
Charlotte Dujardin won her third Olympic gold medal on Monday when she retained her dressage individual gold on Monday, fighting off a two-pronged German challenge.
Dujardin, riding Valegro, finished ahead of Isabell Werth on Weiheigold and Kristina Broring-Sprehe on her mount, Desperados. The 31-year-old Dujardin also won silver in the team event last week and was a double gold medallist at the London Games four years ago.
“I didn't feel pressure in London, however as defending champion here I did feel a huge amount of expectation and pressure”, she said as he partnership with Valegro came to an end. “I first rode him when he was five, now he is 14. I could be greedy and push him further but he's done it all and it's best to go out on top and for people to remember him as he was today”
Dujardin joins cyclist Laura Trott as Britain's most decorated Olympian.
Monday's event wasn't signed. sealed and delivered however without a glitch - Swedish rider Patrik Kittel was told to change his performance music. “Normally I ride to Stevie Wonder titles but suddenly they told me I don't have the rights to use that. When it comes to the Olympics they are looking into that quite deeply and I can live without a lawsuit from the Stevie Wonder company”, said Kittel, who ended in 18th place.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?