Claudio Bravo and Manchester City reach agreement - reports
Claudio Bravo and Manchester City have reached agreement for the Chilean goalkeeper to join from Barcelona Sport
Claudio Bravo set for Manchester City switch
Claudio Bravo's time at Barcelona could be over within a question of hours. The Chilean goalkeeper has reached an agreement with Manchester City to join Pep Guardiola's side, Catalan daily Sport report.
Even though he featured in the starting XI in last night's Spanish Supercup first leg, Bravo knows that this season, it will be far more difficult for him to be Luis Enrique's first choice keeper in the league - a privilege he has enjoyed for the past two seasons. His team mate Marc-André ter Stegen is the club's bet for the future and the German needs to be playing regularly - a request he made to the club after returning from his holidays.
It was a poorlñy-timed knee injury which ruled Ter Stegen out of last night's game at Sevilla. Bravo, who played in his place, is willing to take up the offer to gain regular football under Pep Guardiola, who has been looking for a keeper who is adept at using both feet to be able to pass the ball around confidently with the back four and even on occasion come out of the penalty area, when opponents have retreated, so that the team can play a high line.
Ter Stegen is Pep's preferred choice but at 80 million euros (his buy-out fee), way too expensive. Bravo's asking price is 25 million and Barça appear willing to accept, although it means that they too will have to enter the market to find a replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"