Christian Benteke left Liverpool for another Premier League team for 31 million euros after a disappointing season at Anfield, but fans of his new club were surprised to learn he thought he was going elsewhere.
Crystal Palace were the side that forked out a club record fee to sign the Belgium international, but Benteke, or “the person who looks after my Twitter account” announced he was off to “Burnleyl [sic]” instead.
Benteke was quick to explain his faux pas via the same medium, blaming his community manager for the error: “Oops my bad lol Yes I signed for cpfc and not burnley. Sorry for the little mistake the person that manages my Twitter got a little confused.”
The missive gained 16,290 likes – but probably few from East London.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?