Alcácer asks Valencia for transfer to Barcelona
The striker communicated his wish to leave Valencia on Wednesday, with chairman Layhoon Chan now expected to allow his move to Barcelona to go through
Paco Alcácer has told Valencia that he wants to leave the club and be sold to Barcelona. The striker made his intentions clear on Wednesday afternoon in a meeting with Valencia president, Layhoon Chan, who had earlier said that he wouldn’t negotiate with the Spanish champions until the player himself had communicated his desire for a transfer.
Barça chief Josep María Bartomeu and Valencia owner Peter Lim reached a verbal agreement over the operation earlier this month, but it was Chan who had been holding up the deal, saying publicly that the “we don’t want to sell Alcácer”.
€35m plus Munir
However, it now seems the deal is back on and if negotiations go smoothly then the 21-year old striker could be a Barcelona player by the end of the week. As Bartomeu and Lim are reported to have agreed previously, Valencia will receive €30m for Alcácer, plus an extra €5m in add-ons, as well as the arrival of Munir in the other direction.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?