Manuel Pellegrini to join CSL side Hebei China Fortune
The 62 year Chilean coach is off to the Chinese Super League after being replaced at Manchester City by Pep Guardiola.
Go to Barcelona-Athletic Live
Manuel Pellegrini was named earlier today as new first team coach of Hebei China Fortune, who are currently fifth place in the CSL.
The 62 year old who worked in Spain with Villarreal, Malaga and Real Madrid, was without a club after the arrival of Guardiola at Manchester City forced the Chilean out.
Pellegrini embarks on an adventure in one of the world's emerging leagues with the club's economic muscle being able to attract players such as Ezequiel Lavezzi, Gervinho and French midfielder Gael Kakuta.
The coach will oversee his first game for the Chinese outfit on September 10 when they fave current leader's Guangzhou Evergrande at home.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth