James showed that he wants to stay at Madrid
It was a muggy evening at the Bernabéu last night as Madrid just managed to outgun Celta to secure maximum points. The game also saw a busy James Rodriguez who took advantage of playing time to prove that his intentions are to stay put at the club. Credit too to Celta Vigo who were excellent and I'd go as far as saying that tactically were superior (especially in the first period where they gave Madrid little breathing space). Only Modric looked capable of finding a way through the well organised rear-guard. Despite their well disciplined formation the Galician side threatened little in the first half until the re-positioning of Orellana in a more central role saw the visitors create goal scoring opportunities.
The second half was a different matter. The introduction of Lucas Vázquez for Asensio, and Bale moving to the left wing saw an improvement in the home team's structure. The opening goal came about as a result of poor Celta defending and an error from the referee. Celta immedialety replied through Orellana and this galvanized Madrid who went in search in the winner. James came on for Modric, and the much questioned Colombian was impressive. He played a role in the goal that was to secure maximum points after Lucas Vázquez played the ball perfectly into Toni Kroos' path for the German to sweep home with a precision finish.
Butarque was the setting for the following Leganés-Atlético game, with the home side making their home debut in the top flight of the Spanish game. A full house and a game played with an excellent atmosphere in the stands, a stark contrast to what we are used to seeing at neighbors Getafe. The game was intense and the draw sees the newcomers move to four points and leaves Atleti on two. Cholo's side have drawn both league games now against recently promoted sides and on both occasions the Argentine coach decided to bolster his attack late in the game but the changes came too late to reap any benefits. Leganés themselves have showed in both games that they are a well organised side with a great keeper and plenty of pride.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?