Following Zidane's confirmation that James Rodríguez will not be leaving the Bernabeu in the current summer market has moved the spotlight to Isco with Real Madrid directors agreeing at the beginning of August that they would entertain offers for the midfielder.
According to UK based media, Madrid have received a formal offer from North London side Tottenham Hotspur for the player who has had little protagonism in pre-season and in the opening LaLiga encounters. The 24 year old played for 67 minutes of the Uefa Super Cup final against Sevilla in Norway and was used by Zidane for just 17 minutes of the season opener in San Sebastian against Real Sociedad last weekend. He was ruled out of yesterday's squad due to an ankle problem according to an official club communique.
'Spurs' have been following the day to day situation closely involving both James Rodriguez and Isco and have a positive relationship with the Spanish side following the transfers of both Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to the Spanish capital in recent years. A season long deal with a later option to buy has been cited as the mechanic that could see Isco playing his football at White Hart Lane.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game