Accusations of racist insults rock football in America
Christopher Nurse, a Guyanese midfielder playing for Puerto Rico FC in the NASL, has accused Argentinean Nico di Biase of racially insulting him.
American soccer stunned by alleged racist incident
It's been a different start to the week for football, or soccer, fans in the US. On the other side of the pond they are used to being dismayed by some of terrible racist incidents that seem to happen on far too frequent a basis in Europe. But now it seems there might be a problem stateside too.
Chris Nurse accuses opponent of racist abuse
Christopher Nurse, English born Guayanese midfielder, playing for Puerto Rico FC, owned by Carmelo Anthony (NBA), set the social networks on fire saying he'd been racially insulted by a member of an opposing team.
32 year old Nurse said he'd been called a "negro de mierda" ("a black shit") by Argentinean Nico di Biase during the game between FC Edmonton and Puerto Rico FC in the ninth game of the autumn NASL season 2016.
The NASL has limited itself to saying they will investigate.
The NASL has opened an investigation with respect to an allegation that racially abusive comments were made by one player to another player during the FC Edmonton vs. Puerto Rico FC game on August 28, 2016. Per League policy, no further comment will be made while the investigation is ongoing.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?