INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE
Lucio comes to Goa's aid in Indian Super League return
Former Inter Milan and Bayern Munich star Lucio has returned to the Indian Super League as a marquee signing for troubled FC Goa.
Former Inter Milan and Bayern Munich centre-back Lucio has returned to the Indian Super League (ISL) football tournament as a marquee player for the troubled FC Goa.
The former Brazilian international, whose full name is Lucimar Ferreira da Silva, was a mainstay in the national team, making 105 appearances between 2000 and 201, and scored four goals as a part of the 2002 World Cup winning team.
The 38-year-old defender first joined FC Goa in 2015, to play under football legend Zico, the team's head coach.
“I am very happy to sign for FC Goa once again. We had a good tournament last year and I hope to make FC Goa champions this year”, the Brazilian said in a statement released by the club. “Consistency is the key for us and I am sure that we will do well once again this year under Zico's leadership”.
FC Goa was handed a $1.6 million fine earlier this year and its owners were banned for multiple seasons for violating tournament regulations.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up