Morata: Spain striker could still play against Liechtenstein
The player limped off in the first half of Spain's friendly win over Belgium on Thursday, but a scan has revealed no major damage.
Spain have confirmed that the injury suffered by striker Álvaro Morata in Thursday night's victory over Belgium in Brussels is nothing serious.
Forced off early in friendly win
With Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema yet to figure for Real this season due to injury (barring a brief UEFA Super Cup appearance from the Frenchman), the 23-year-old's premature substitution will have had alarm bells ringing at his club.
Just a knock
However, tests carried out on Friday have backed up Spain boss Julen Lopetegui's post-match reassurances that he had only picked up a "knock" and was taken off "as a precaution".
Morata will remain with the squad ahead of their opening World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein on Monday, and could still be involved in the clash in León.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up