Hortelano's cousin was double the alcohol limit
Spanish sprinter Bruno Hortelano was badly injured in the road accident. His cousin, who was driving, was over the alcohol limit at the time.
Hortelano's cousin failed breathalyser test
The driver of the car in which Spanish sprinter Bruno Hortelano was badly injured yesterday was twice over the drink-drive limit at the time of the accident. According to sources close to the investigation the driver, Hortelano's cousin, had a blood-alcohol level of 0.53 miligrams per litre, with the legal limit 0.25.
Sources confirmed the data to EFE, and said that the level of 0.53 was that taken in the second test he underwent.
Spain's fastest sprinter underwent surgery
Bruno Hortelano, 24, won gold in the 200m at the European Championships in Amsterdam in July. He is also the Spanish 100m and 200m record holder.
Hortelano underwent surgery to reconstruct his hand, which was badly damaged in the accident. Doctors have said he will need a further operation. The car Hortelano's cousin was driving collided with a lorry on the outskirts of Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Unemployment benefits in California: how to check the status of your claim
- GAMING NEWS Among Us! how to download and play for free on PC (Windows) and Mac
- ATLÉTICO 6-1 GRANADA Luis Suárez scores two and assists one in Atletico debut demolition of Granada
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is Mark Cuban's proposal?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City sign Ruben Dias as Otamendi joins Benfica