Keylor Navas close to coming back for Real Madrid
Real Madrid's Costa Rican keeper has been out after surgery, but he took part in training with the squad today.
Keylor Navas trains with the Real Madrid squad
Real Madrid's squad continued their preparations for this Saturday's LaLiga game, which will see them meet Osasuna at 16:00, in the third matchday of the season. The big news from today's session was the presence of goalkeeper Keylor Navas in the mini-game played by Zidane's men.
Navas recovering from surgery
The Costa Rican stopper has been recovering from surgery to his left achilles tendon to treat a chronic condition. Navas went under the knife on 9 June in Madrid. The keeper has been with the squad during the whole pre-season, but hasn't trained in the group or made his debut this season.
Coentrão. Isco and the rest
Fabio Coentrão trained alone on the grass, while Isco worked out indoors. Meanwhile Zidane had a number of players from the Real Madrid Castilla side present at the session: Sergio Díaz, Seoane, Enzo, Tejero and Borja Sánchez. The squad started in the gym, before heading outside to do a series of sprints, various possession-based exercises with the ball in reduced spaces, and the final mini-match.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness