Messi scores Champions League hat-trick against Celtic
Messi scored after three minutes in Barcelona's group stage Champions League match against Celtic and went on to claim a hat-trick.
Messi grabs hat-trick against Celtic
Barcelona's Leo Messi opened his 2016/17 Champions League goal account after just three minutes of the first group stage match, against Celtic, before scoring twice more before the hour was up to claim a hat-trick.
Neymar assists for Messi's opening goal
After just three minutes Messi was played in behind the Celtic defence thanks to a superb ball from Neymar, and the diminutive Argentine lashed the ball past De Vries to put Barcelona 1-0 up.
Messi gets the second
Messi scored Barcelona's second just before half-time. Neymar again set the goal up, this time cutting through the Celtic defence before slipping the ball to Messi to prod home.
Messi's third goal came on the hour mark, when Suárez powered down the right, before cutting back into the centre, where an on-rushing Messi slotted home.
With his third goal Messi moved to 50 goals in the Champions League group stages, one ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots