Bravo admits why he left Barcelona for Man City
Claudio Bravo, Manchester City goalkeeper, spoke on Spanish radio to explain his decision to leave the Camp Nou
Bravo explains Man City move
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo gave an interview to the sport radio programme El Larguero (The Crossbar) and confessed to his reasons for leaving Barcelona and heading off to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City.
No bench for Bravo
"I didn't leave Barça because Ter Stegen was there. I was very honest. I didn't want to sit on the bench. It's not my thing", said Bravo on the night time radio show.
Bravo rates his time at Barça
The Chilean also said he had no complaints about his spell at Barcelona, who he joined from Real Sociedad in June 2014. "At Barcelona I always devoted myself to doing the best I could, and I always felt supported [by the club]". Bravo was the number one choice for the Liga in 2014-15 season, in which he won the Zamora trophy for the best goals conceded average. However Ter Stegen played in the Champions League and the Copa del Rey that season and took over some Liga duties in 2015-16. Bravo was always clear that he didn't enjoy not being the out and out first choice keeper.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?