Bravo admits why he left Barcelona for Man City
Claudio Bravo, Manchester City goalkeeper, spoke on Spanish radio to explain his decision to leave the Camp Nou
Bravo explains Man City move
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo gave an interview to the sport radio programme El Larguero (The Crossbar) and confessed to his reasons for leaving Barcelona and heading off to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City.
No bench for Bravo
"I didn't leave Barça because Ter Stegen was there. I was very honest. I didn't want to sit on the bench. It's not my thing", said Bravo on the night time radio show.
Bravo rates his time at Barça
The Chilean also said he had no complaints about his spell at Barcelona, who he joined from Real Sociedad in June 2014. "At Barcelona I always devoted myself to doing the best I could, and I always felt supported [by the club]". Bravo was the number one choice for the Liga in 2014-15 season, in which he won the Zamora trophy for the best goals conceded average. However Ter Stegen played in the Champions League and the Copa del Rey that season and took over some Liga duties in 2015-16. Bravo was always clear that he didn't enjoy not being the out and out first choice keeper.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history