Getafe appoint José Bordalás as new boss
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season to replace Juan Esnáider, who was sacked yesterday.
Bordalás appointed new Getafe manager
Segunda side Getafe have announced that José Bordalás is to take over as manager following the dismissal of Juan Esnáider.
Bordalás has signed a contract until the end of the season and will be presented on Wednesday at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez at 13:00 CEST.
An experienced Segunda manager
Originally from Valencia, Bordalás led Alavés to the Segunda title last season but was sacked after just one year in charge. He has extensive experience of managing in Spain’s second tier having also coached Alcorcón, Elche and Herculés. He is said to have been chairman Ángel Torres’ first-choice replacement for Esnáider.
The new coach will preside over his first training session tomorrow afternoon at 17:30 CEST ahead of Getafe’s trip to Tenerife on Sunday afternoon.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness