Modric undergoes operation and faces even longer spell out
After it was revealed that Luka Modric could be out injured for up to a month, his knee had to operated on on Sunday, leaving him on the sidelines for a likely longer period
Luka Modric’s cartilage injury – which came to light on Saturday – was operated on on Sunday and as a result the player could be set for a longer period on the sidelines than first feared. The Croatian was initially reported to be out of action for up to one month, but now the club is unsure of how long the recuperation process could be.
Successful arthroscopic surgery
“Our player Luka Modric, was subjected today to successful arthroscopic surgery on his left knee for removal of a patellar chondral fragment of traumatic origin,” confirmed a Real Madrid medical report. “The intervention was carried out by doctors Manuel Leyes and Mikel under the supervision of the head of the Real Madrid Medical Services, Dr. Jesus Olmo. Modric will begin working on his recovery as of Monday.”
At least five games out
Modric suffered the injury on 18 September against Espanyol. After playing the whole game, Zidane rested the midfielder in the following LaLiga match versus Villarreal but then reinstated him to the starting lineup for the matches against Las Palmas and Dortmund. Modric will now be out for at least five games (Real Madrid-Eibar, Betis-Real Madrid, Real Madrid-Legia, Real Madrid-Athletic and Alavés-Real Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona