Zidane: Real Madrid boss bawls out players after Eibar draw
Spanish television broadcaster La Sexta says the Real head coach tore into his charges after his side were held for the fourth straight game.
The Real Madrid players were handed a dressing-down by coach Zinedine Zidane after their LaLiga draw with Eibar, according to Spanish TV channel La Sexta.
Zizou critical of side's lack of intensity
Real had to settle for a point against the Basques on Sunday - their fourth straight stalemate in all competitions - as they surrendered top spot to Atlético Madrid.
And the programme 'Jugones' says Zidane laid into his team for their display, telling them: "You don't win games just with the badge on your shirt.
"We have to be more intense."
Players told to reflect on recent performances
It also reveals that the Madrid boss urged his charges to take advantage of the international break to reflect on their performances in recent matches.
The Frenchman is then said to have spoken to Los Blancos' president Florentino Pérez, seeking to offer him an explanation for the side's recent winless run.
Recommended in English
- NFL Have the Cincinnati Bengals ever won the Super Bowl?
- NFL How much do NFL players get for playing the conference finals?
- NFL How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name? Origin and meaning
- TRANSFER MARKET Who are Arsenal targeting after losing out on Vlahovic to Juventus?
- WORLD CUP 2022 Which teams have qualified for the 2022 World Cup?
- REAL MADRID How long is Karim Benzema going to be out of action for?