Will Colombia push James to play crucial WC qualifiers?
James Rodriguez spent all day Monday in the hands of the Colombian national team medical staff as Pekerman plans for Thursday's game. Spain v Colombia
Will James Rodríguez play a role in Colombia's forthcoming World Cup 2018 qualifying games is the major talking point in the country at present.
His presence in the Paraguay game at Defensores del Chaco stadium this Thursday is practically ruled but but Colombia are hoping that he will be fit for the following match against Uruguay.
In the warm-up session prior to Real Madrid's LaLiga game against Eibar on Sunday the Colombian international suffered a Grade I muscular tear in his calf and played no role in the 1-1 draw at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The player arrived in Asunción to join up with the rest of the national team squad yesterday but played no role in the training session and as yet the Colombian Football Federation have yet to issue a statement on the medical situation of the Real Madrid player.
Tonight Jose Pekerman will oversee the training session at the ground of Sportivo Luqueño and tomorrow the squad will carry out the final session (closed doors) and this will be followed up by Pekerman's pre-match conference where it's anticipated he'll offer the latest situation surrounding the Colombian captain and the possibility of him making the game in Barranquilla against Uruguay next Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension