Rubén Castro extends Betis contract until 2019
The Andalucian club and player have reached an agreement for a two-year extension, ruling out the proposal of a one-year prolongable arrangement.
New deal for Rubén Castro
Rubén Castro and Betis have reached an agreement to amplify the player's current contract by two years, taking him to June 2019. The new agreement will be made official in due course. Betis had initially proposed a one-year extension with the option of a second year based on performance and objectives-related criteria. But that idea was rejected in favour of a straight, two-year renewal.
Under his previous arrangement with the club, the 35-year-old would have been able to begin negotiations with other clubs in January as his contract was due to expire in June next year.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August