Sergio Ramos was forced to be substituted in the 78th minute of tonight's Albania-Spain World Cup qualifier in Shkoder.
The Real Madrid captain fell awkwardly following a corner from Koke and immediately called for medical assistance. National team doctor Óscar Celada was quick to attend the defender who initially grimaced in considerable pain following the fall and subsequent knee pain. He did however limp from the pitch which will allay worries among the Real Madrid fan-base.
The Madrid player will undergo a more exhaustive testing process with his club's medical staff tomorrow but initial reports from the Spanish national camp suggest the player may miss up to one month of activity due to the injury.
Recommended in English
- NFL Patriots vs Bills, Monday Night Football: five players to watch
- NFL Dalvin Cook ruled out of Vikings-Lions clash
- SOCIAL MEDIA Cassano explains Cristiano Ronaldo Whatsapp spat
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible line-up against Real Sociedad
- NBA Ten NBA records that might never be broken: Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar...
- NBA Winning Suns finally eclipsed as Warriors get revenge