Chelsea and Nike to join forces
The West London based Premier League side today confirmed their ten year deal with the American sportswear brand.
Chelsea announced on Thursday a long-term partnership with Nike from next year in a deal that media reports suggested could be worth 60 million pounds ($74.61 million) a season.
Without giving financial details, Chelsea said it represented the largest commercial deal in the Premier League club's history.
"Nike will produce strips for the first team, academy and ladies teams, as well as a full range of clothing for Chelsea's millions of supporters around the world," the club said in a statement.
Chelsea's current kit is produced by Adidas, which said in May it had reached a mutual agreement to end its deal on June 30, 2017, instead of in 2023 as originally agreed, allowing the club to enter a new agreement with another competitor.
Media reports have indicated Adidas were paying Chelsea an estimated 30 million pounds ($43.38 million) a year, with the Nike deal likely to be double that figure.
"This is an incredibly exciting and important deal for the club," Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia stated on the club website: "We believe Nike will be able to support our growth into new markets as well as helping us maintain our place among the world's elite football clubs."
Chelsea, owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, won the Premier League title in 2014-15 but a poor run of form last season meant they failed to qualify for European football.
They are currently seventh in the standings after seven games.
($1 = 0.8042 pounds)
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online