Djokovic stunned by Spaniard Bautista Agut in Shanghai semis
The world number one suffered a shock 6-4 6-4 loss to the Spaniard in the Shanghai Masters semi-finals on Saturday
World number one Novak Djokovic suffered a shock 6-4 6-4 loss to Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut in the Shanghai Masters semi-finals on Saturday.
An error-strewn display
Serbian Djokovic, 12-times grand slam champion, made 29 unforced errors against the 15th seed and converted just two of nine break points. He saved three match points before Bautista Agut broke his serve for the fourth time to wrap up victory in one hour 48 minutes.
A first win for the Spaniard
Bautista Agut, who beat Djokovic for the first time in six attempts, will face world number two Andy Murray or France's Gilles Simon in the final on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71