Gladbach toast Glasgow pub joke with Twitter name change
A bar in the Scottish city gave up on trying to spell the Bundesliga side's name, which was taken in good humour by Gladbach's social media.
Borussia Mönchengladbach took a Glasgow pub’s efforts to spell the Bundesliga side’s name in good humour ahead of the Champions League match against Celtic on Wednesday night, changing their official Twitter account header to “A German Team.”
Mon... Monc... Mcunch...
The watering hole in the Scottish city advertised the match on a notice board outside, which featured several failed attempts to write the name of the German club correctly. At the bottom the scuppered scribe simply wrote A German Team and left it at that.
Mönchengladbach posted a picture of the failed effort on their Twitter account and changed their name to the new moniker.
Hopefully, Mönchengladbach will organise a pre-season friendly against Airdrieonians or Highland League side Clachnacuddin to give a few Bräuhaus the chance to reciprocate.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August