Gladbach toast Glasgow pub joke with Twitter name change
A bar in the Scottish city gave up on trying to spell the Bundesliga side's name, which was taken in good humour by Gladbach's social media.
Borussia Mönchengladbach took a Glasgow pub’s efforts to spell the Bundesliga side’s name in good humour ahead of the Champions League match against Celtic on Wednesday night, changing their official Twitter account header to “A German Team.”
Mon... Monc... Mcunch...
The watering hole in the Scottish city advertised the match on a notice board outside, which featured several failed attempts to write the name of the German club correctly. At the bottom the scuppered scribe simply wrote A German Team and left it at that.
Mönchengladbach posted a picture of the failed effort on their Twitter account and changed their name to the new moniker.
Hopefully, Mönchengladbach will organise a pre-season friendly against Airdrieonians or Highland League side Clachnacuddin to give a few Bräuhaus the chance to reciprocate.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy