Laporta wants Piqué as president: “I’d vote for him right now”
Barcelona’s former president says that Gerard Piqué has all the qualities needed to follow in his footsteps in the future.
Piqué, a future Barcelona president?
Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta says that he would like to see Gerard Piqué follow in his footsteps and become president of the Catalan club.
Laporta, who presided over the club between 2003 and 2010, told Sport that Piqué had all the makings of a great president.
“Gerard Piqué has the perfect profile to be a great president,” he said. “I’d vote for him right now. I consider him to be a good person, he’s a fan and he has character. He loves Barcelona and is very brave.”
A number of Barcelona players could become managers, says Laporta
Laporta, who finished second to current incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu in the 2015 elections, added that “there are many players of the current generation who have the qualities required to be managers, if they want.”
“All they need is someone to give them a chance,” he added, implicitly reminding everyone that it was he who appointed the untested Pep Guardiola after Frank Rijkaard’s departure in 2008.
“All those who play in midfield, in Xavi or Guardiola’s position, and who show character, have the right qualities to be a manager,” he continued. “I’d love Pep to come back as manager, seeing as alongside Cruyff he’s the greatest manager in Barça’s history.”
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 E3 2021 schedule: dates, times, conferences, livestreams and showcases by day
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?