DOPING IN SPORT
Kazakh weightlifters stripped of 2012 London gold medals
The International Olympic Committee disqualified the trio for doping at the London Olympic Games.
The International Olympic Committee disqualified three Kazakh weightlifters, and stripped them of their gold medals for doping at the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Zulfiya Chinshanlo, Maiya Maneza and Svetlana Podobedova were all caught in new testing of hundreds of samples from the London and 2008 Beijing Olympics.
A weightlifter from Belarus who won a bronze medal medal was also disqualified by the IOC. Russian weightlifter Besik Kudokov who won a silver in London also failed a doping test but the medal was not taken away because he died in 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Man City: Foden, not Kane, the best youngster I've seen - Walker
- Klopp laments 'not a good day' for football after Man City's CAS success
- Coronavirus IRS tax payment: is it possible to get an extension until 15 October?
- Coronavirus IRS tax payment: tips on how to pay online before 15 July deadline
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news