Samuel Umtiti has suffered a tear to his left hamstring and will be out of action for three weeks, it has been confirmed.
With just twenty three days until the game versus Real Madrid (3rd December at 16;15) Umtiti could be touch-and-go for the first El Clasico of the season. At this moment, the player will certainly miss games against Malaga and Real Sociedad and Hercules in the Copa del Rey and Celtic in the Champions League.
The injury happened while training with France at Michel Platini Field in Clairefontaine. He has returned to Barcelona for treatment. It is the central defenders second injury setback of the season having suffered ligament damage to his knee in September.
Barcelona currently have three injuries to their centre-halves - Pique, Mathieu and Umtiti - and Mascherano has played 1,448 minutes this season with two more games for Argentina upcoming during the international break.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds