Antoine Griezmann wants to be the best footballer in the world in two years time and he believes that Cristiano Ronaldo is the world's best footballer at present.
The Atletico Madrid star was speaking to Goal.com in an exclusive interview when he was asked who he thinks are the best three footballers of 2016.
“Cristiano Ronaldo first, as he’s won two titles, then Lionel Messi because he’s unique and after that maybe Jamie Vardy for winning the English title with Leicester."
Griezmann won the Golden boot at Euro 2016 and dragged France to the final despite them never truly showing the kind of form that many believed them capable of prior to the tournament and was the main man in Atletico's run to the Champions League final that they would eventually lose to Real Madrid. It would make it two finals in two that Griezmann would lose out on to Cristiano Ronaldo-led teams.
Ronaldo won the Goal 50 award this year and Griezmann was third behind Messi in second.
Regardin next year's award, Griezmann says, "It’s good to be as high in the rankings as third,” Griezmann told Goal. “I hope to be second next year and first in two years."
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7