Carlos Vela abandons Mexico and flies home for son's birth
The Real Sociedad striker was granted special permission to return to San Sebastián where his partner is in hospital and about to give birth to their first son.Germany v Mexico live
Carlos Vela was given permission to quit the Mexico camp on Saturday to return to San Sebastián where his partner has entered into labour and is expected give birth to their first son, Romeo, in the next few hours.
Last month the Real Sociedad announced recently that he is about to become a father for the first time and it's one of the reasons why he has looked so happy on the pitch, and recovered his form of old. He put in a huge performance for Mexico this weekend, helping the team log a 1-2 win over the United States which held extra intrigue following Donald Trump's victory in the presidential elections.
Real Sociedad coach Eusebio will also be glad to have Vela back earlier than expected; it means that the player, who was due back in San Sebastián on Wednesday, will now be able to rejoin the squad to start preparing for Sunday's league game against Sporting de Gijón.
*Update 12 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys